Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mentally out to Galut

April 9, 2009: Our last full day in Israel and we haven't yet left the apartment. We've been napping, lazing, playing games, eating, playing around online. I had to study tomorrow night's in-flight movie options (lots of repeats from the Eastbound flight -- can't they plan that better?), Rosa has movie plans with her friends for Saturday night, I'm trying to plan how I can leave without any shekels and how much kosher for Pesach food we will need for our day-long journey home.

Tanya's plans for where she'll be for the remainder of her Pesach chofesh are still a bit tentative - probably stay with her Israeli friend from camp in Nes Tsiona (greater Tel Aviv) and spend some time at the festival nearby.

Tonight we'll all take a cab to the Malcha Mall (One of the largest malls in the Middle East) as Tanya needs a couple of things and I love to see the Pesadik (separated into Meat and Milk sides) food court where everything is kosher for pesach!

I'm so glad we were here this time of year (although I could have used a little more warm weather!) and had an opportunity to check-in with Jerusalem, Eretz Yisrael, and of course with Tanya and her TRY friends. I'm also ready to head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment