Sunday, March 29, 2009

WHAT THE HELL DAY IS IT??


I don't think I've actually slept in two days but my adrenaline is goin' strong. Such a crash can be foreseen in my near future!
Flying adventures (and the shock of seeing Israel after eight years of tremendous growth!) will receive some blogging space once my brain is a bit more functional but here I am in my little apartment in the historic Nahlaot neighborhood of Jerusalem. You can see the little Boraykes kiosk across the street (where I just bought a bottle of water) and the other photo is my living room (aka Rosa's bedroom).

I took a cab over to see Tanya tonight. Her campus is really pretty and it's a beautiful night out (Although she thought it was cold. Her body thermostat is clearly on the "Middle Eastern" setting.) I met some of her friends and even managed to utter greetings in which predicates followed subjects as if I were a person who had slept at some point over the past weekend.

When I go online here, the sites come up with Hebrew words on them -- Google.com, Googlemaps.com, even this website. Weird!!!!!

More adventures and commentary to come . . . . . .

3 comments:

  1. wow! you young people have soooo much energy and stamina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should say something brilliant, but really I stopped when you said 'boraykes'. god I love those...
    god Im hungry....

    let me guess, she is still wearing shorts. Only with Uggs for the cold?

    ReplyDelete